Submit your book adoption today!
The University has partnered with the Co-op to ensure compliance with the federal law, HEOA & HB33. The Co-op collects the course material requirements for all UT courses and makes the information available to the students by way of the UT registration website or the Co-op website. The list is also freely available to competing bookstores. The federal law requires this information to be visible to students at least 30 days prior to classes beginning every semester.
This year, we’re proud to announce Comparison Textbook shopping for students- a new look-up system that displays real-time market choices for students to choose from so they can find the best prices possible for their books. Click here to check it out!
Our priority deadline for turning in book adoptions is:
· April 1st for Fall & Summer semesters
· October 31st for Spring semesters
Why do we need your textbook information so early?
Our goal is to provide the best textbook options for students. After we receive your textbook adoption, our office researches the title availability then adopts it to the course. If we adopt the book prior to our buyback period (which begins in late April and late November), we are able to offer a great buyback price to students (usually 50% of the new book price or 75% of the used book price). The more books we buy back from students, the more used copies or rental options we have for students in the upcoming semester.
3 Ways to Submit your Textbook Adoption:
· Use our new Discover Adopt online system for submitting your book order.
· Email us at email@example.com or call us at 800-255-1896 option 3.
· Drop by the Textbook Office, located in the Lower Level of the Main Store Co-op.
About Discover Adopt:
· Discover Adopt is connected to the University of Texas course information system, if you have been added as the professor for a course at UT, you will receive a welcome email from Discover Adopt listing your courses and requesting your adoption materials.
o This system is not quite real-time yet, so if you’d like to submit your order and haven’t received an invitation, you can set up your own account on the Discover Adopt system or contact our textbook office to receive a welcome email.
· Once you have submitted your textbook adoption, our Textbook Office team will research your books to make sure they are readily available then post your adoption.
Reminders about course adoptions:
· Remember to specify all required materials for the course. This can include school supplies, course packets from any location, solution manuals, access codes, library readings, and anything else!
· Be sure to list materials for any cross-listed courses.
· Advise us of any special timing for your course. If your class will need these course materials for a special session (study abroad, for example), let us know so we have the books on time!
· Not requiring any course materials? Be sure to log in and specify that no books are required for the class.
· Imported titles will take 8-10 weeks to arrive – turn these adoptions in as early as possible.
Have more questions? Check out our Faculty FAQs.