10 fascinating facts about Texas Longhorn Kevin Durant
1. He turned down a $70 million Adidas contract to choose a $60 million Nike deal. He's been wearing Nikes since 8th grade and feels more comfortable in them.
2. His press conference backpack contains a bible, iPad, headphones and phone charger.
3. He wants to become a music producer after he retires from the NBA.
Here's a taste of what you can expect.
4. He wears #35 to honor his first coach and mentor that died at age 35.
5. He is a proud Texas Longhorn.
Durant attended the University of Texas from 2006-2007. Every year he is spotted at Longhorn sporting events.
6. He donated $1 million to the Red Cross for Oklahoma tornado relief.
He also visited the impacted areas to help and raise awareness about the damage.
7. He played flag football with Oklahoma State students.
Durant tweeted he was bored and in the mood for flag football. "This lockout is really boring..anybody playing flag football in Okc..I need to run around or something!" An Oklahoma State Student tweeted him back saying his team played at 10 p.m. The rest is history...
8. He won the Most Valuable Player (MVP) Award in 2014 and finished second in the voting three times.
9. He was one of only 3 players to average over 20 PPG in the NBA as a teenager.
Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James are the only other two.
10. He becomes a free agent in 2016.
Teams all over the country will be pulling at him.
Happy 27th B Day KD! Thanks for making Longhorns proud!
(photo: Adrian Zamarripa)