How To Make Your Own McConaughtree
Are you as obsessed with Matthew McConaughey as we are?
If you answered yes to the question above, then we have the perfect decoration for you... a Christmas tree dedicated to Matthew McConaughey (also known as: THE MCCONAUGHTREE!)!
This fun DIY Christmas tree is the perfect decoration for you dorm, house, or apartment because it shows your Christmas AND Longhorn spirit!
Making your own McConaughtree is very easy and fun to do! And not to mention, all of your friends will be obsessed when they see it!
Read below for steps, inspiration, and how to create your own perfect McConaughtree!
What you will need:
- Christmas tree of your choice of size and color
- Printed pictures of Matthew McConaughey (your choice and size of pictures!)
- Glue (we like to use Mod Podge!)
- Christmas ornaments of your choice and garland
- Hole puncher
- Cardboard pieces (you will need enough for all of the McConaughey pictures)
1. Purchase a Christmas tree of any size and color you desire
2. Paste 10-15 pictures of Matthew McConaughey on a Word Document, but paste two copies of each picture (for each picture, you will have two copies, one that is the original picture you pasted in the Word Document, and one that will be flipped horizontally for the backside of the ornament)
Here are some of our favorites: Texas Monthly McConaughey, Dark Tower McConaughey, Bongos. See more on this blog post!
3. Flip all pictures, so that you have 2 copies of each
To flip picture, follow these steps:
This is the original picture, paste 2 copies of it in the your Word Document:
Click on 2nd picture, then click "Layout"
Click "Flip Horizontal," and now your picture is flipped!
4. Print all pictures out
6. Cut out all pictures
7. Place original picture on cardboard piece and cut the cardboard so it fits perfectly behind the picture
8. Using the paintbrush, glue the cut out picture to the cardboard piece
9. Take the flipped image of each picture, and glue it to the backside of the cardboard piece, so each ornament is double sided
10. Do the previous three steps with all of the pictures
11. Let pictures sit to dry
12. Punch a hole at the top of each McConaughey ornament
13. Cut out a piece of ribbon and tie in the hole of the McConaughey ornament
14. Repeat for all McConaughey ornaments
15. Decorate your tree with your beautiful McConaughey ornaments
16. Fill in the tree with other ornaments and garland
17. All done! Decorate your home with your amazing McConaughtree and enjoy your beautiful creation!
Inspiration ideas below!