Longhorn Football With Quan Cosby - Week 5

Longhorn Football With Quan Cosby - Week 5

10/01/2015 0

Hey Longhorn fans! I'm back with a recap of UT vs OSU, thoughts on the team and a look forward to Saturday's game vs TCU.

I think you need to look at the entire game vs OSU. I know there are things we could have done better, but the fact that there are so many people (who are not Longhorn fans) questioning the refs says a lot. Phantom calls and bumps have us all scratching our heads.

I continue to see little things improving on offense and defense. The offense played great the first half and defense the second. Scoring on defense is always a bonus. When you stay aggressive and fly around the ball good things will happen. I think the freshmen corner backs played great against a good offense.

The Horns should look at the film and understand their record could just as easily be flipped. If they can stop beating themselves they can beat TCU or any team from this point. In my playing days the first time there was an error like that we would rally around the guy(s). The second time there is a focus/simple execution error the leaders on the team would have to address it. If the Longhorns keep improving they really can play with anyone in the conference.

Each week I’ll be answering six questions from fans. You can participate using #AskQuan6 on Twitter or by commenting below. Here are this week's questions.

1. What is your favorite part of Game Day in Austin?

When I played, my favorite part of Game Day was the flyover. I have a lot of respect for our military and those machines. Now I enjoy visiting different tailgates, and seeing friends, fans and ex teammates.

2. Who is your least favorite team in the Big12?

Come on now; is that even a question? You guys know we can't stand OU! They are and will always be my least favorite Big 12 team. I hated them when we played and still think OU sucks!

3. What is the last book you read?

The last book I read was Dave Campbell's Texas Football. I am a Texan through and through and have always loved Mr. Campbell and his preseason rankings and predictions of Texas high school football.

4. What is something not a lot of people know about you?

Believe it or not, there’s a lot people don’t know about me. I am a fairly private person. Something people might not know is that I have been to 41 out of the 50 states. I love to drive and only count a state if I had something local and spent the night.

5. Do you still play football with friends?

I don’t play competitively, but I will play catch with friends and family. I did play 7 on 7 at a charity event in Lexington this year and scored a few touchdowns haha!

6. What do you miss most about playing professional football?

I really don’t miss a lot about playing in the NFL. Sundays were cool and it was a great experience, but the business portion of it changes people. It’s the ultimate team sport, but in the league you see the least amount of true teams.

I do miss everything about playing at UT and wish I could do more to get the team back on top. I do feel they are on the right track now and can’t wait to see them dominate.

Tune in next week as I recap the Texas Longhorn's game and answer your questions. Hook 'Em!